Friday, September 6, 2019

Three for one!


Today was interesting to say the least!
I started the day with coffee and Bible study, then on to the day!
We had an appointment to go to an artists studio that has gotten older and has moved closer to family.
The studio was left pretty much in place with large amounts of tables and supplies of all types.
The family has moved the artist, but given them 
supplies to still be able to create.
The rest is being given to a few select artists and I am fortunate to be one.
I am saddened by this artists turn of life, but I know we all will be in their shoes someday.
Looking through and touching so many items this artist touched, held,
destroyed and created with had me in tears.
I  have items from several artists that have passed on to a higher plane,
and I thank them every time I use their brushes, tools, or paints.
This artist has such an abundance, that I could never use it all.
I will be taking items to gift to other artists, as well as things to use with children, and my seniors art. 
Nothing will go to waste in my studio.
I have been able to teach for months, nay years now from items I am cleaning and clearing out of my own space.
There will also be lots of seniors benefiting from the generosity of the family that so graciously called me.
I thank them with a grateful artists heart.
We went home, with plans to come yet another day next week.

My plans were to help another artist with a major project.
This artist is our oldest daughter and I am helping here with a huge project she has very little time to complete for a child's birthday party tomorrow.
Grabbing my high heat glue guns and glue sticks. 
I started out for our daughter Jessica's home about an hour from here.
Once I arrived, I was immediately placed on clam duty.
Our daughter has this grand plan for a mermaid themed party, and making a little girls dream come true.
I soon confronted the clam she had worked so hard upon, trying to figure out how to attach
 it to a chair and make it safe.
Basically I didn't have a clue, and neither did she!
I tackled the lower portion first, figuring out how to make the shell pieces appear like she is sitting in the shell.
I used parts from my grandsons old easel, combining zip ties and drilled holes in the cardboard with a wire running between them to keep them from destroying the structure. 
The bottom of the chair finished, I moved on to securing the heavy, cumbersome, large upper structure.
After some thought, and a lot of prayer, I had a plan!
I took large pieces of cardboard, cutting them in a curved shape that would lift the shell above the chair.
I glued pieces with the cardboard running in two directions.
Then I sandwiched the shell structure between the two double pieces using hot glue.
The hot glue was not enough, it kept popping out of place and not holding together at all!
I used the glue as a temporary hold, then drilled and zip tied the structure to my pieces.
Once assembled, it became strong and actually stood above the chair safely!
Thank you Lord for my artist's/engineers brain!
My daughter will be painting it tonight, with me going to the party and helping assemble it in place.
I promise there will be photos tomorrow!
This party will be epic!

I then headed home, 30 minutes later than I wanted to be on the road.
The time spent with my daughter is priceless though, and I would not take anything for it!
The interesting part is the two of us side by side, sometimes butting heads, always enjoying the process!
Anyway, headed home I called my husband and he was cooking dinner!
Thank you Lord for this man of mine.
I was going to have to cook, clean up and go to artwalk in Fairhope.
Now, I just had to eat and get ready.
I am so grateful for my artist's life!

Yes, I did find time to paint early this morning too!

Three for one! Acrylic pour and paint, each 4x4 inches
Day 67 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment