Sunday, September 29, 2019

Seahorse

I love painting these seemingly whimsical creatures
This one was a challenge though, as I had to draw the outline, fill it in with lighter colored paint, then transfer the details.
Not too difficult, but time consuming for sure!

Well now on to the show results.
Another long day in the heat that is our Southern Alabama in September.
I was optimistic this morning when we opened the tent for day two of the show.
By 9 am there were people already walking the venue before church. 
We set up an awning out front of the tent, in an effort o cut down on the heat. 
We also put a fan up in the roof blowing downward.
The fan did surprisingly well, while it was not cool in the tent, it was cooler than in the sun.
The sun itself was in and out today and there was a nice breeze.
Overall, beautiful weather in spite of the heat.
The ice cream vendors did booming sales this weekend.

Me not so much.
I have had my first (and hopefully only!) 
ZERO, (yes $0.00!) show.
This has been about 20 years in the making folks.
Am I disappointed, yes.
Am I devastated, no.
I am confident of my pricing, painting, and preparations for shows. 

God has great things in store for me.
 I just have to have patience.
Patience that God will take care of me in his own due time.
I just have to be persistent and consistent.
Persistent in creating and consistent in my quality.
I also must become more humble of my talents that he has bestowed upon me.
I must remember that God has always provided for me.
Then, God will open the storehouse for me!
I am blessed, not stressed.
On to the next show!
National Shrimp Festival in Gulf shores, Alabama
October 10th -13th

Seahorse, Acrylic on poured background, 10 x 20 inches
Day 90 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment