Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Scarecrows and turtles


We had so much fun last night creating these!
Scripts & Strokes is really humming.
The wood pieces were from the roll around produce carts from Winn Dixie.
 AND I used my new roll around to put my sander on, which gave me an easier level for sanding.
54 pieces of wood for the snowman and scarecrows, they are reversible! 
Then 54 bases from scraps in the barn.
We found homes for all the pieces but 2 sets out of the 54.


This piece took some thinking, measuring, careful planning and the painting!
Composed of 2 8x8 canvases and one 10x10 in the middle.
The background they are screwed upon is recycled stretcher bars with a thin piece of wood for the front.
I painted the front first in a custom mixed ocean blue.
I then played around with the canvas placement and that required a lot of measuring.
I can tell you, it made me extremely nervous to screw the canvases from the back.
I then transferred the drawings and painted them!

Chris got a wonderful gift today!
An entire room full of Cypress and Pine lumber , milled from over 100 year old wood!
He is one happy camper.
His shop is full of wood, and we rescued a cabinet from the side of the road.
We gifted the cabinet to a friend that gladly took it into her home.
Working together, side by side, me and Chris!
I love living here in Fairhope, Alabama!

Turtle trio, Acrylic on wood panel, with canvas and frame, 14 x 30 inches
Days 90 & 91 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment