Monday, October 7, 2019

Sandpiper, sandpiper


Today's painting is a beautiful blend of techniques.
This Ruddy turnstone was amazingly fun.
The poured backgrounds have been terrific this summer into fall and this one is no exception.
I really enjoy working until I can find the right animal to go on each piece.
I photographed this guy while on Coya Costa. (remember the ibis?)
This bird was almost aggressive in his begging techniques.
We were eating lunch when he landed right next to us.
We tossed him bits of bread and it came closer to us.
If I had been able, I could have touched him.
He was so close, I had to lean way back to photograph him multiple times.
So fun to paint too!

Sandpiper, sandpiper, Acrylic on Poured background canvas, 12 x 12
Day 98 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019 

No comments:

Post a Comment