Saturday, October 5, 2019

Orinoco Flow


My artist friend Alfred from Zimbabwe actually named this one.
When he saw the photo he said it reminded him of the song Orinoco Flow by Enya.
It does have a sail away, sail away quality to the painting.
So much of a pleasure to create, it had it's problems.
When I began, painting, Chris said the Dolphin was too small.
I agreed and enlarged it by a full third.
I also enlarged the tail quite a bit.
I love how it flows together with the poured background.

I've been working on a commission piece for a collector that wants additional 
pieces to go with his shadowbox turtle.
It will be a spectacular work of art when they are all in place.
He has an original 24 x 24 and wants to add 2 12 x 12's , and 3 12 x 24's.
The reef pieces are coming along great, and the turtles are beautiful.
I will post them as soon as they are done.
The total artworks will measure 50 inches wide by 38 inches tall when complete.

Other than that happening in the studio....
We sold Gypsy Gal today.
She is going home to a delightful couple in North Alabama.
They are spending the night here, after a delicious meal and a hot shower.
We invited them to spend the night after a six hour trip turned into almost 9 because of traffic.
She is going to a great home, and I know she'll have many happy hours with them!
I look forward to seeing their adventures.

Orinoco Flow, Acrylic on Poured background, 20 x 20 inches
Day 96 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment