Friday, October 4, 2019

Ibis III


Happy World Teachers day to all my teacher friends!

Ibis III was indeed a visit to our past trip to the Florida coast.
These beautiful birds were so unafraid of humans, so plentiful, and just plain fun to watch!
I enjoyed photographing them, and now painting them!

Today brought us together working on a table for friends at church.
My husband called it finished, but I pushed him a little into varnishing it one more time.
We sanded together, then pushed the polyurethane back and forth, achieving a beautiful glow.
This table is rather large and is meant for outdoor meals at their home on the river.
I hope they enjoy the fruits of his labors for years to come!
I know I would love one!

Meanwhile, the Gypsy Gal may be going to a new home tomorrow in North Alabama.
The couple is well aware of the weight, and the need for a large vehicle to pull it.
We sent them the video that the wonderful 
Richard Sites put up on youtube about her back in January.
The woman fell in love instantly.
I hope they are committed, they are driving 6 hours to pick her up Saturday afternoon.
I will be sad to see her go, but go she must.
Chris traded the truck that could pull her during the summer for a smaller Toyota.
We spent many a happy hour in the Gypsy Gal!

We now have Calypso and I am totally in love with her now.
Calypso is easy to pull with our Dodge Grand Caravan.
For those of you that don't know, Calypso is our vintage 1984 UHaul 
camper Chris found while walking the dogs back in January of this year.
I was in India visiting our daughter at the time and Chris was uncertain of getting it or not.
Through multiple texts back and forth.
Is the weight right? Yes.
Is the price right? Yes.
Can my van pull it? Yes
Can you repair what is needed to be repaired? Yes
Do you like it? Yes
Then what is the question?
I want you to see it first.
I told him, I trust your judgement, and if you think it's good for us, then get it.
Turns out there was a LOT more work involved than we originally thought.
The trailer was trashed in a lot of places.
Questionable repairs, a too large air conditioner, and hole where there should not be holes.
He ended up removing the camper from the trailer, then welding, blasting and replacing parts.
He then put it back on the trailer, and the fiberglass began.
That was a whole new learning curve.
Anyway, after lots of hard work we have a vintage camper that is so cute and coastal.
We are using it next week for the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
I'm sure there will be lots of talk in the campground about her.

Speaking of Shrimp Festival, I got my booth assignment today!
I'm still on the main aisle coming into the show on the parking lot.
While the forecast is for rain chances, at least we don't have a hurricane charging the Gulf Coast.
My booth number is A18
I can hardly wait!

Ibis III, Acrylic on poured background, 4 x 12 inches
Day 95 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment