Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Mystical Mermaid II


The mermaids are just plain fun!
This one is primarily orange and coral with turquoise accents.
Another one based on vintage photos!

Today found the studio absolutely covered in paintings all over my large table.
Today was varnishing day!
When I get to this point, I know I'm close to a show.
There are still several paintings to create because we have not even begun shows yet.
There are also galleries to swap out artworks with on a regular basis.
I try to keep my works fresh and clean, sometimes even painting over them in an effort to sell them.
Painting over them usually works too!
After varnishing, we left to get lunch and some lumber for a project Chris is working on for a friend.
I stopped in at Hobby Lobby and purchased another roll of canvas.
 I have 6 more shadowboxes to stretch, made with the Restore stretchers we got for free.
Chris combined two together, then built the central box from wood in the shop.
The edges of the 24's are more rounded while the 27's have a larger opening in the middle.
Once stretched, I will need to paint them white.
Hopefully I'll sell enough this weekend to buy a gallon of white Liquitex acrylic from Dick Blick.
Hopefully I'll pay myself back some booth fees as well!
Coming back home after lunch, the varnishing from this morning was dry. 
I spent the next couple of hours putting hangers and wires on them.
There are several bags of already packed paintings ready to go now!
The first show will be beautiful, with lots of color in addition to the sepias on white. 
We will probably bring the pop up tent, because the weather is supposed to be nice.
THAT will make Chris really happy!
Lot easier to set up and break down, but it is a fair weather tent!
Ah Show season!
I LOVE IT!

Mystical Mermaid II, Acrylic on poured background, 4x12 inches
Day 86 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment