Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Scriptures, a Heron, and Dolphins


Life has a peculiar way of coming at you with amazing speed and a whole lotta crazy.
For those who know, and those who don't, I am a Christian Artist.
Mondays at our church, we have a small group called Scripts & Strokes.
I have it two times a year, in conjunction with our small group semesters Fall and Spring.
I teach a total of about 24 weeks a year for the beautiful souls that submit to my painting torture.
Sometimes the paintings are easy, sometimes they are a stressful end to our day.
I sincerely try to make all of them meaningful, and most of all fun!
This was our first class of the semester and I had 8 delightful ladies join me to paint and pray!
So fun!


The heron is actually a companion piece to a painting that was purchased at the Amelia Island show.
I was contacted shortly after the show, asking if I could paint a bird that would go with their other piece.
These people have waited an entire summer to get their second bird, patiently waiting for summer classes and a mission to Africa to be completed!
He will be traveling to Savannah, Georgia.


Meanwhile, I also painted on this today for my piece for day 72.
Another poured background, I am in LOVE with this precious pair!
I hope you like them too.

I began the big one today as well.
All 3 ft 7 x 5 ft 7 of them!
Three sea turtles created in Sepia.
This piece will not travel to shows, but will reside at Big Fish Trading Co. in Foley until sold.
You'll probably see that one tomorrow!



I am now starting to work on the materials from the Artists studio that have been given to me.
I lovingly scraped away the majority of the paint, then begged my husband to see if he could do something about the breaks and bends in the blades.
He came back a few minutes later with slightly shortened knives 
that were polished and ready for their new lives.


It has been a lot of work bringing some of these materials back from the brink.
I pray for the Artist that has gifted me with the items, allowing me to gift others with them.
I also managed to salvage a masterson palette, allowing me to give one of mine 
to an artist that can use a wet palette for her acrylics.
Life is great!
Hope yours is too!
Gratitude instead of attitude!

Scripture,11 x 14 Heron 12 x 24, and Dolphins, 16 x 20 Acrylic on canvas
Days 70, 71, and 72 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019,






No comments:

Post a Comment