Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Peaceful


Peaceful indeed!
I am at peace about a lot of things.
We are constantly bombarded with things that will disturb our peace.
Alarms, deadlines, chores, meals, family, or other assorted things thrown our way by the enemy.
When things become too much for me, I pray.
I tell God, okay I know you've got this for me.
I'm going to give it to you, because I can't handle the situation.
I am then at peace.

I really understood the peace that surpasses all understanding the afternoon my mother died suddenly.
My father accidentally called me, trying to call the paramedics.
He then told me to get off the d**m phone and hung up on me.
I fell to my knees in the driveway as I was outside packing for Arts and Crafts set up that evening.
I started crying uncontrollably.
I then cried out to God.
"I told God no! not now! not today!"
I then realized what I had said, and prayed to God.
"Not my will, but your will be done."
"But, if it is your will, give me peace."
I immediately felt washed over with overwhelming love and peace.
I believe I had a glimpse of heaven that day, not with my earthly eyes, but with my heart.
I stood up and the deep grief that had caused me to collapse, was gone.
I called my brother and asked him to go check on our parents, as I was an hour away.
When he called and told me she was indeed gone, I sat down on the sidewalk in front of the chamber.
The other Artists began stepping over me, not sure what to do in this situation.
I called my girlfriend and told her what had happened.
She said where are you?
Out front.

The chamber people were wonderful, offering me the chance to back out of the show.
I told them I would give an answer by 8pm that evening.
The phone calls started coming in.
I was still at peace on the way to my fathers side.
I asked everyone that called what they thought about the show.
Incredibly they all said, do it!
She would be mad at you if you didn't
So true!

So began a weekend of witnessing to others the peace that had been given to me!
Such a joyful weekend that my heavenly father rescued me from the depths of despair.
People were in utter disbelief that knew of my relationship with my mother.
She was indeed my best friend.
Peace.
Have you asked for yours today?
Phillipians 4:7
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Peaceful, Acrylic on poured background, 12 x 24
Day 79 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment