Thursday, September 12, 2019

Silent Swimmers


I made this photo extra large because in real life it is very big for me!
If you remember the other day, I managed to snag a truckload of stretcher bars for free.
This one is on those bars, with some Chris Chavez thrown in for good measure!
My husband Chris, is my rock and the absolute best thing that has ever happened in my life. 
He makes things happen when I ask him if he can do them.
This instance, he added an angled piece of wood to the bars 
so they could have the spring necessary for painting.
He also gave me a lot of help in stretching this rather large piece.
It measures 3 ft 7 inches x 5 ft 7 inches.
It was a challenge to bring and paint in my angled ceiling studio as well.
He also helped me horse it up to be able to photograph it tonight for you to be able to see it!
I will take it outside for a proper photo tomorrow, so it can be seen better for possible prints.

I am amazed at the talent God has bestowed on me, 
I thank him daily for the ability to paint and create!
I really should not be able to do the things that I do.
Our family was hit by a drunk driver in 1993.
For the most part, the rest of the family is okay, but I have permanent damage.
I have two herniated discs in my neck, and nerve damage in my right arm.
Some days are diamonds, some days are dirt, but all of them are creative in their own way!
I pray for the driver that hit us, every time I have a headache,  
or a brush comes out of my hand because it has gone numb.
I pray for others hurt in accidents, childhood tragedy, friends, family, or marriages 
with every stroke of my brush.
I tell you this, not because of a need for sympathy, but out of a need to tell you about the 
grace that God gives us.

Grace that allows me to paint.
Grace that allows me to make money at what I love to do!
Grace that helps me through the pain on days I don't think I can.
Grace that allows me to teach.
Grace that allows me to mentor.
Grace that allows me to give to others.
Grace that has taught me how to receive.
Grace that has made me learn humility.
Grace that reminds me I am a sinner.
Grace that allows me to forgive because I am forgiven.

Grace.
Have you received yours today?

Silent Swimmers, Acrylic on canvas, 3 ft 7 inches by 5 ft 7 inches
Day 73 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment