Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Deep Waters


Deep waters is now one of my favorites for certain.
I just LOVE the way the poured background and bubbles came together almost seamlessly.
I actually saw this painting last night while teaching the Scripts & Strokes class at Celebration Church.
I knew I had this background in my studio, and had been trying to figure out what to paint on top.
I had asked for guidance from the Holy Spirit and here ya go!
This painting just makes me happy.

Deep waters reminds me of a sermon I heard while attending a church in Birmingham, Al.
The preacher talked about people and their faith.
He likened Christianity to people swimming.
When you first begin as a Christian, you stand at the water's edge watching the people swim in the water.
You are scared to get in yourself.
The people are having lots of fun and enjoying themselves.
We get in, but only up to our ankles, maybe going to church some.
Mind you, we still want to be in control of our lives, mustn't drown!
But the people further out seem to be enjoying themselves so we go deeper.
Up to our knees, still in control but curious.
The water begins to swirl around our feet, maybe pulling the sand from beneath us slightly.
We start reading the Bible some, in addition to church becoming more of a need than a want.
The people out in the water swimming though, laughter fills the air from their activity.
Maybe I'll go deeper, at least up to my hips.
At this point, the water is a little harder to move in, and we are starting to feel the push and pull more.
Maybe I'll start making friends.
My friends start calling to me, come on in, the water's great!
Up to my waist now, less in control.
The water supports me almost.
Maybe I'll join a small group.
My friends calling to me to swim is stronger now, because I am close enough to them to see them clearly.
I finally lift my feet and join them fully surrounded by the water.
Maybe I'll go on a mission.
It is glorious here!
Such a delight!

The water is Jesus Christ, our brother.
Set in place by our Father God.
I am really enjoying the swim now!

Are you up to your ankles?
Are you up to your knees?
Are you up to your hips?
Are you up to your waist?
Or,
Are you swimming?

Come on in, the water is glorious!
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.

Deep Waters, Acrylic on top of poured background, 10 x 20
Day 78 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019


1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Loran. Wow does your story truly fit with this wonderful piece of art...You are such a beautiful person and AMAZING ARTIST! Keep them coming, and we love you keewah (sp) ! L&G

    ReplyDelete