Friday, September 13, 2019

Out of the deep


Today found me all over the studio.
I was finishing up the large piece featured yesterday by painting the white background again and then varnishing it later in the afternoon.
I also stretched another of the large "free" canvases that was  27 inches by 58 inches (about 2 x 5 ft)
Chris had converted two of the 24 x 24's into a shadowbox as I requested and I stretched it as well.
Both canvases are painted white and awaiting their assignments.
Then we went to our grands school to watch the umbrella parade.
We then went to lunch and home. 
Of course we had pool time, and watched the Aquaman movie together.
Just as I sat down to paint, I got a quiet "Yaya can I go night swimming?"
They only grow up once, so outside I go to become mosquito bait.
This put me into the studio rather late for today's painting.

"Out of the Deep"
I am fascinated by these crabs!
They are called speckled or calico crabs depending on who you're talking to them about.
I prefer speckled myself.
I am told they are a deep water crab that is quite tasty.
They are a small crab, not commonly seen on our beaches.
When you do see them, they are in pieces.
Apparently other creatures find them quite tasty as well!
I was saddened to find several females one time that someone had caught on the beach. 
They were put into a basket and left to bake in the sun.
Every one of the females was loaded with eggs, so not only 
were the girls left to die, but so were their eggs.
They were still moving slightly, so I put them back into the water, hoping they or their eggs might survive.
Otherwise, I'm certain that they made some other creature a meal or two.

I have found that the enemy is the same way.
He removes us from our comfortable, safe environment only to 
throw us into chaos and discontent.
The enemy wants us for his lunch!
Hopefully, someone or something will bring us back into the arms of the master, 
reminding us that we are loved, shielded, and protected.
Are you loved? 
Yes, God sent his son to die for you!(and me!) 
There is NOTHING you can do that will make him stop loving you!
Are you shielded? 
Every day he guides my steps and prevents the enemy from being successful in his attacks.
Mind you, sometimes God allows things to happen to see where you will turn, to him or the problem.
This allows us to use our free will, hopefully with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Are you protected?
Absolutely every minute of every day.
But only if we put on our Armor of God
Protected from almost everything the enemy throws our way.

Out of the Deep, Acrylic on poured background, 12 x 12
Day 74 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019






No comments:

Post a Comment