Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Magnolias & Maintenance


The studio was full of activity today. I am still putting away things from the 
Africa trip, Summer classes, and Shepherds place.
This photo shows the large table in my studio covered 
with 19 beautiful shadowbox canvases ready and waiting for sketching.
In the meantime, all I want to do is paint, paint, paint!

I have been juried into the fall shows I've entered, 
so there is a need to create some inventory to offer at various venues.
There is a total of 5 shows, running from Destin, Florida to Ocean Springs, Mississippi. 
We'll be on the beach in October for the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf shores. 
On top of this, I am already entering 4 shows for January of next year!
I've also received notification about the Gulf Breeze show for April 2020. I won an award last year, so I basically get to skip the jury process. I just had to accept and use a code to enter.
Now I have to pay a booth fee! 
Then there's the one woman shows, first at the Audubon Center next summer 
as well as the show at the Sway Gallery in December.
The Sway show will feature Steampunk pieces and my usual marine life offerings.
Already getting filled up for next summer as well with another planned trip to Africa!

I love my Artist life!
Can't you tell?


Today found me finishing up these magnolias in an effort to catch up from the Africa mission. They are painted from photographs taken all over Fairhope, with my husband grabbing tree branches and holding them steady for me to get a photo. They actually took the 4 days to create.
I painted while I was there, but nothing really sellable as I am listed as an Acrylic painter when I enter shows.
There are some nice watercolors though, and I may put them at the gallery here in Fairhope.
The Magnolias are each fairly small, easily completed pieces that usually sell fairly quickly.

It's the Artists life for me!

Magnolias & Maintenance, Acrylic on canvas, each 6x6 inches, $45 each
Days 41-44 of the 100 days~100 paintings Fall 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment