Monday, August 26, 2019

Octopus Changing II


Another octopus!
I am really enjoying these little works of art!
I hope you are as well!

The days are going by so fast now, my show schedule is coming together nicely too. 
I am in the studio every day now, getting back in the groove after my Africa mission.
The routine is simple for me, get up, greet the husband, get coffee and read the bible.
If I don't start the day this way, it feels disjointed and "off".

I love starting my day with God's word speaking to me on so many levels.
My Scripts & Strokes class pieces are coming to me as I read the word as well. The small group starts September 9th for me and I am excited about the new series of paintings we are going to create.
New people to meet, old friends to greet!
I am looking forward to this semester at Celebration Church.

Any way, back to the studio!
My friend Linda Scott joined me today with a large paint pour. She is curious about the process and we both learned a lot about the beauty that is a poured background. She brought 6 canvases, we mixed paint and I got out extra canvases just in case. 
Glad I did! 
She ended up with a lovely bunch of extra 4x4s and three 4x12s.
A grand total of 18 canvases covered in beautiful colors and so quickly.
She is nervous about painting on top of them though!
I will have to guide and push my friend down that road as well.
Love ya Linda!

I also took several of the new pieces to the Artists gallery in downtown Fairhope today.
I was nervous myself about the gallery owner liking them or not. 
Mind you, I am still true to my realism, but the abstract backgrounds are very different.
I needn't have worried.
She is in love with them!
Here is what my space looks like after dropping them off today!


The wood turning is my husbands. He has started a  new series of bowls with lids. 
We are both curious to see what the new pieces will do in the next month.
I have a lot to do this week as well. Shepherds place is in the morning, I love working with the seniors!
Thursday morning we walk for turtles the last time this season.
Chris also gets a tooth pulled that morning too!.
I get to drive to Mobile after turtles to pick up pieces from a show at Southern Art and Framing.
A busy day!
A blessed week!

Octopus changing II, Acrylic on canvas, 4x12 inches
Day 56 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment