Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Coya Costa Shorebird

This little guy was rather funny to watch. He snuck up, hoping to cage chips and bits of bread from our lunch. He calls Coya Costa home.
Coya Costa is a state park off the coast of Sandia Island, Florida. It is only accessible by boat and is well worth the trip. Chris and I had several lovely hours basking in the abundant Florida sun, walking the beach, and photographing the many types of birds that reside there. There are cabins on the Island with primitive ammenties and they all were full. I wonder if Chris would be game to go there and stay with our dogs for a while?
This bird was very happy to stay just out of reach, but close enough for me to get really beautiful photos extremely close up. I loved it and the island and I hope to go back for an extended stay.
Coya Costa Shorebird 10 x 10 acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment