Monday, September 5, 2011

Starfish Starfish

We are feeling a bit water logged right now as we are still feeling the effects of Tropical Storm Lee. This is the 5th straight day of rain. While we had a deficiency of precepitation around here, I did not want to make it all up in one episode!
Starfish are always a favorite of mine to paint and good thing too! Last year I had no less than 3 seperate people wanting the same painting of a starfish within 10 mins! Some it is just a remembrance, others honeymoon bliss, some just collect them or think they are pretty. I just know my mother and I were both shocked when that happened at the Peter Anderson Show last year.
It has made me firm in my commitment that if I see something I like and want, I purchase it right then and there! I have been disappointed myself when something was not there when I came back to get it.
If you happen to be at one of the shows I am in and see something, ask me to hold it for an hour, I will be happy to oblige! Many was the time I have held something and had others come back to buy it only to find it gone or on hold. I once even had a guy leave his number just in case the first person did not show! Turned out well for him, he got the prize he wanted for his very happy daughter! This painting marks day 63 of the 100 days~100 paintings.
Starfish Starfish Acrylic on Canvas 4 x 4

No comments:

Post a Comment