Thursday, October 4, 2018

A mother's love knows no bounds


I know right?
A little different from my usual fair. 
Another in a series to depict the animals that are in Zimbabwe . I wanted to have at least three canvases depicting these beautiful animals that call Africa home. 
However as of yesterday, my elephant painting sold, much to my delight. (Another one is in the works!) If you remember that painting was done to benefit the Buy a Brick foundation. One hundred dollars can feed anywhere from 100 to 150 children a meal a day for an astounding month! God placed it on my heart late last year to donate $100 a month for a year. I thought sure God, I can find 9 other people to donate $10 each and we can do it together. However that was my plan and not his!

God has seen fit to bless me enough to be able to contribute the $100 
each and every month so far this year!
I have not missed the money at all, in fact it gives me great 
joy to give it to this wonderful organization. 
Even more amazing to me, each time I give, I am blessed even more.
This is making me a miracle delivery agent. An MDA if you will.

This year has also caused a great deal of reflection on my part. 
My dream is to go to Africa next year and teach art to the children and leave art supplies that the school can use for the benefit of the children to create! 
At least, that is MY plan, I can't wait to see what God's plan looks like!

 I am listening, he is speaking, and I am giving and creating more than I ever dreamed was possible.
Speak Lord, your servant is listening.

A mother's love knows no bounds, acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24
Day 95 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

2 comments:

  1. Not only is your art amazing, you are amazing as well.
    Best wishes in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! You bless us, we bless you, we all bless children in Africa! The zebras are adorable!

    ReplyDelete