Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Blue crab tango


Blue crab tango is basically from a mistake my husband made in the shop. He made the mistake while cutting pieces for the stretcher bars that would take care of the India pieces. As he cut, he would dutifully check off the size of the stretchers on his list. He happily brought the frames up to my studio, and I gratefully accepted them. Problem was, he was missing an 8 x 16. He went back out to the shop, cut and made an 8x16 and brought it to the studio. I stretched all he had brought, and had extra 12x12s. The 8x8s that I had painted had two that were too small to stretch so he made me two 6x8s that afternoon as well. I love having a woodworker husband!

The mistake, he sheepishly brought up the 8x16 the following day to the studio. 
He found it under a pile of sawdust on the saw.
Any one who knows woodworking knows it take a lot of dust to cover pieces of wood!
I seem to be married to a woodchuck!

Anyway, I created another set of crabs to complete the series!
Blue crab tango, acrylic on canvas, 8x16
Day 94 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

4 comments:

  1. Hi Loren! We have 2 of your pieces and would like a 3rd to complete the set. We would like to commission a 12" x 12" black/sepia tones sandy. We have your left-facing heron and left-facing willett. We plan to be in Fairhope on Tuesday if we could connect then. Many thanks! Lesa Handly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Handly.lesa@gmail.com - wasnt sure that was visible! Thx!

      Delete