Sunday, October 7, 2018

Just beautiful


Ever heard the expressions, 
like a cat on a hot tin roof,
behaving like a worm on a hot brick,
ants in your pants. 
Visualize if you will all of these combined and you will have my state of mind this week.
These were all sayings when I was growing up. My parents had only me as their only child for 9 years before my brothers came along. (Mom had a boy when I was 4, but I don't remember him, he only lived 8 days.) Anyway, my parents often referred to me as one of these when I was little. I was raised in the childhood where children were pretty much seen and not heard. I could not sit still, or keep my mouth shut! (Today they call it hyperactivity~I just call it being children!)

My energy is up and so is my anxiety about the show and the possible hurricane 
headed for the Gulf coast. My mind looks at the forecast, but there's that little voice that says what if, what if it comes here,
what if it hits gulf shores,
what if they cancel the National Shrimp Festival?
Then I take a deep breath and tell God okay, I can't handle this right now, I'm giving it up to you, your shoulders are big enough to handle all I can throw your way. 
If you could just move it further to the east, if you could make it come in faster!
And I do just that. I give it all to God.
He's taken care of me before, he'll take care of me now and forever.

Then when I leave church, I find the storm has indeed been 
moved into Florida and may come sooner rather than later.

Thanks God, I needed that!
But then there's that little voice that says, what if..........

Enough already!
You get the gist of things around here.
And yes, I do have ants in my pants.
And a hamster (my brain) that won't get off the wheel in the cage at night! 
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.... 

Just Beautiful, Acrylic on canvas, 24 x 24 shadowbox canvas
Day 98 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018 

2 comments:

  1. Keep your head above water. It will be fine. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were traveling Sunday and I missed this sweet angel! The expressions you put on canvas are truly beautiful. Praying Michael doesn’t do catastrophic harm...

    ReplyDelete