Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Is this the end?


Is this the end?
Well, yes and no.
What happens next depends on what the readers of the blog determine. This year's blog has been an absolute adventure, full of excitement and crazy wonderful happenings. 
I have had several firsts with this year's post as well.
I have sold 5 of the paintings so far, even before the show season is in full swing.
Our youngest child had her first child and our second grandchild.
The blog itself has grown an astounding 25,000 plus hits in the past few weeks, thanks to the shares by my faithful readers. (It took the first 9 years for it to go up over 30,000.)
I could not have done some of the things I have without loads of encouragement from you all!
I made a month log trip to a foreign country, and loved it a lot!
I created new things, revisited some others, and started over from scratch on some.
I made beautiful steampunk style art with children.
I measured canvas incorrectly, then had to make a new size painting from the remains.
I've seen a work of mine converted to tile, and it is gorgeous! (I can't wait to see it in place!)
I've seen the National Shrimp Festival cut to a three day run by a little storm called Michael.
I've seen God's hand placed firmly on my mine guiding me every hour.

In the meantime, we wait for Michael to pass, 
praying that all in the storms path are kept safe and sound.
Prayers lifted up for all indeed,
for safety, for health, for prosperity, but most of all for LOVE.

All this has been done with a lot of people following my (and our) adventures through the days.
The question remains, do I continue?
Not necessarily a painting a day, but definitely at least once a week post.
Maybe more often, who knows!
The goal next year is to increase "followers" and hits on the website with a 
possibility of it making money someday!?
Who knows what plans God has for me?
I know I'm enjoying him guiding me instead of me stubbornly manipulating him!

Is this the end? Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24
Day 100 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018

3 comments:

  1. It's just the beginning.
    Thank you for letting us be apart of your passion.

    Thanks for the 100th day picture of a crab. My favorite!

    Feel better, stay healthy and see you after Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss! In whatever capacity you “continue”, your passionate followers will be along for the ride.

    What a 100 days it’s been. I feel as though I was a stowaway on your India trip and for every day I read on your blog. Thank you. Well, thank our Lord for giving you such talent and the ability to transport us with your writings. He has such beautiful things in store for you. Look out Africa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently started admiring your art through my friend Develyn. I, as an artist understand not wanting to stop. Your artwork is symbolic to people from the south and Gulfcoast. Be safe during the storm.

    ReplyDelete