Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Turtle Time!

For those that have read the blog for a while, you know I am not above revisiting a painting that has not sold. The long turtles painting in the first photo have been with us since spring of this year. It was part of a series of 5 elongated paintings, 4 of which have sold. One didn't even make it to a show, and 3 found a home in Melbourne Florida. This one was left.

I once worked with a man that said no one will buy the last one of anything. Mind you, there is nothing wrong with the painting.  While looking at it this past weekend, I had an idea to add the outer two panels to extend and complete the piece. I think it worked out beautifully. The piece now measures an impressive 48 inches wide by 40 inches tall. It will be a show stopper in my booth for sure! 

Today was my birthday as well. Lots of messages and texts all day while in the studio. I worked at getting pieces done, rather happily mind you! I spent the entire afternoon yesterday stretching the India pieces, only to find two of the 8x8 crabs are sadly lacking in the correct canvas size. Chris to the rescue with 6 x 8 stretcher bars that will make a nice addition to the show season. He also found the 8x16 he was missing yesterday, buried under a pile of sawdust! If there is one thing he can make, it's big piles of wood chips and lots of dust! Anyway, he put it together and brought it to me, sheepishly explaining that it was buried under a pile of wood shavings. Now, instead of 5 8x8s and one 8x16, there will be 5 8x8s , 2 8x 16s, and 2 6x8s. They will make a nice little grouping of crabs. This will give me a total of 19 canvases stretched that now will need to be wired and varnished as well.

Anyway you look at it, show season is ramping up into high gear!

Turtle time!, acrylic on canvas, 48 w x 40 t
Day 93 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2018



2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!
    You are very fortunate to have a husband like Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs are so vivid! I’m easily transponded anywhere you describe Mrs. Loran!

    ReplyDelete