Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Crabs for two

Crabs for two!
Two days, two crabs.
I enjoy painting these guys, their faces are so interesting.
Good thing I enjoy painting them, they are always sold fairly quickly.
Anyway, this pair is on another 24 x 24 shadowbox.
They make for a bit of a headache while painting around the box and edges.
I still find them fascinating.

I also painted several canvases today for 5-piece paintings.
The multi canvas works are a popular item in my booth.
I have sold so many I have lost count.
I am so grateful God gave me the idea a few years back.
They make for an interesting painting, and they are impressive to look at.
Most popular are turtles, then octopus.
The first one I sold was an octopus to a contractor for a house in Pensacola, Florida.
It is in the front door as you walk in the house.
It is absolutely gorgeous there.
I sold the turtles at the same show to a realtor from Gulf Breeze.
We love them, because they fit in a single bag, stacked together.
I have now designed a rather large octopus that will be available this show season.
Typically, the works are 3 x 5 ft. 
The new work will be 40 inches by about 84 inches.
It will be on 16-inch-wide canvases, with two of them having to be built.
The 16 x 30 are not available commercially, so they will be custom made.
The octopus will be impressive for sure!


This crab is on another custom canvas.
These works are on 5 x 24 inch canvases.
They are very interesting to create!
Normally these are 4 x 24, but Chris apparently measured the inside, instead of the outside/
This makes them about 5 1/4 wide.
I have a total of 7 to work on for shows.
It's definitely an adventure working with my woodchuck, Chris!

Chris and I have our 44th wedding anniversary tomorrow.
So many wonderful memories and things we've done together.
We've also raised three great children, who have families of their own now.
We've also built two houses together and renovated one too!
Not too many marriages can relate to building together, unless they've actually done it themselves.

Crabs for two, Acrylic on custom canvases, 5x24 and 24x24
Days 22 and 23 of the 100 dasy~100 paintings winter 2022



 

No comments:

Post a Comment