Wednesday, December 28, 2022

She sells seashells


She sells seashells.
Mostly by the seashore for sure!
Most of my shows are on coastal areas.
I absolutely adore the sea, and always have.
This coming summer, I will be teaching my grandson to sit on my paddleboard to enjoy the water.
He is now 9 years old, and I purchased him his own lifejacket for Christmas.
His grandfather will also be readying the boat he's working on for summer adventures.
My coastal paintings reflect my love of the ocean.
I am constantly telling people about the sea while viewing my works.

This painting features shells from my childhood while living in the Philippines.
They were picked up by our bonka boat operator while I watched from the boat.
A wonderful childhood memory for sure!
A couple of shells are from a trip to Jamaica, brought home carefully in my suitcase.
Others were purchased at local shell shops.
I also have an antique nautilus shell, purchased at an estate sale.

Today also marks our 44th wedding anniversary!
Go Chris and Loran Chavez!
I love him so much!

She sells seashells, Acrylic on canvas, 5 x24 inches
Day 24 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022 winter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment