Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Days 5,6,&7



Wow!
Still painting, but the days got away from me!
Two are 12x12s the large one is on wood panel.
I really enjoy painting on wood, because it offers a smoothness that canvas cannot.
Unfortunately, that wood is also too smooth at times.
The paint just behaves differently, sliding around a little more than I want at times.
It is challenging my painting prowess for sure!

I am very deep into a Mardi Gras train as well, spending several hours a day sewing.
The main base is pretty well done, but much like a house slows down in the process of the finishes, 
the train is doing the same right now.
I am in the process of "icing the cake" so to speak.
Yard after yard of rhinestones.....
I never dreamt 2 years ago when I said yes of course I can do that, that my art would be doing so well.
I am enjoying it as much as I can, because this one is for a family friend of over 30 years.
This train will probably be the only one I ever create too!
I already have over 160 hours in it, with many more to come.
We've also ordered many yards more of the rhinestones that have to be stitched in place by hand.
I'm having a love hate relationship with it.
I am having to be very disciplined to do my painting, then work for several hours on the train.
It's the only way I can get it all done!

Such is life here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio, here in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama!

Blue crab mania! Acrylic on canvas and wood panel.
12 x 12 canvases, and 15x30 wood panel, Days 4,5,&6 of the 100 days~100 paintings


 

No comments:

Post a Comment