Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just playing catch up! Days 69,70, and 71 of the 100 days

      

       "Jeremiah 29:10-13 " is a painting based on scripture of course! I am leading a small group at Celebration Church and this is the piece we painted on Monday night. I believe every one had a good time and there was much laughter, groaning, giggles, and just plain fun! I am really looking forward to being with this lovely group of women and children. (Don't worry guys! You could come too!) Each week we will be doing a painting inspired by scripture. The scripture that this one is based on is also it's name!

     Jeremiah 29:10-13 I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you HOME again. For I know the plans I have for you says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE." In those days when you pray, I will LISTEN. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you WILL find me.

   We found a lot of God in that room Monday evening. I can't wait for the next week!
Jeremiah 29:10-13 Acrylic on canvas 20 x 20 day 69 of the 100 days~100 paintings




     "Ask the Animals" is another painting based on scripture for the small group at Celebration Church~we will be painting this one Monday the 24th of September. Next week, we have one based on Trust. This one is a lot of fun to paint with plenty of color and opportunities to personalize. I am looking forward to painting it with the Scripts and Strokes Group!

      Based on Job 12:7-10, Just ask the animals and they will teach you, Ask the birds of the sky and they will tell you. SPEAK to the earth, and it will instruct you. Let the fish in the sea speak to you.
For they all know my disaster has come from the hand of the LORD. For the life of every living thing is in his hand, and the breath of every human being.

     As to the part about "For they all know my disaster has come from the hand of the LORD." Keep in mind this is from Job and GOD was severely testing him at the time. You see there was this little test he went through so that GOD could show he indeed was a believer and would not curse the Lord no matter what! This is one of his "Lamentations" he never cursed the Lord, but he did  complain a little! I think I might too!

     "Ask the Animals" 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas Day 70 of the 100 days-100 paintings




     "Heron My Heron" was the first of the paintings done at the Eastern Shore Art Center in Fairhope, Alabama. I am teaching a painting a day class and we all created this beauty. Everyone did quite well, despite the fact that I was pushing them so hard! There was lots of giggles, smirks and concentration going on in this class. I even reminded them that they signed up for this torture! Despite the speed and rapidity, I think all had a good time and everyone completed their masterpieces.

     Speaking of completions, i really will need to complete lots of works in the next few weeks. Fairhope Connections is opening another location in Gulf Shores in October, hopefully operating during the National Shrimp Festival! It will be near the Oyster House, one of my favorite places to eat and apparently everyone else too! The wait averages an hour or more. The food is well worth it, and while you wait, now you will be able to see new works by several artists including me! We may also offer workshops and classes during the winter for the snowbirds. Southern Art and Framing also took all 13 pieces I brought to the gallery the other day, and asked for an expanded show in November and December. Add all this to my Outdoor show schedule, teaching, the 100 days and fall is proving to be a busy season! I would not have it any other way!

Heron My Heron 12 x 12 Acrylic on canvas day 71 of the 100 days


No comments:

Post a Comment