Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'm ready for my close up!




    I am so humbled and honored when people purchase one of my pieces. Recently Fairhope Connections, the gallery that represents me in Fairhope and Orange beach sold several of my pieces in one day and in both stores! Two of the pieces purchased, (one a turtle and the other a grouper, both Sepias) are making their way to Boston, Massachusetts to live with a fellow artist. I was really surprised to have her purchase, because surely she could paint her own. I would love to think she is like me, I can paint my own pieces, but I collect others works. My husbands favorite pastime at the festivals is to pick out the trade pieces we swap at the shows. We have several lovely works of art that I would not otherwise have gracing my walls.

     This heron is one of many to leave my easel as of late. I love painting herons and for the time being, I seem to be on a color kick! I am sure that the sepias will come back soon though, they still are my best sellers!

I'm ready for my close up!~5 x 7~Framed Acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment