Sunday, July 10, 2016

Vintage Beach!


Today I begin a new series, Vintage Beach. This past spring I had painted bathing suits from several eras on 8 x 10 wood plaques. I sold several and had a limited amount left when a woman walked into my booth on Dauphin Island. After I introduced myself we struck up a conversation about what attracted her to my work. She loved the vintage suits but they were too small for her space. After we talked a bit more, we determined that 16 x 20 canvases would be perfect for her needs.  She also mentioned beach balls in paintings too! Thus this series begins, not with balls, but vintage blow up swim toys. I vaguely remember myself or my brothers having something similar in our swimming fun times. I will be posting several pieces over the next few days before I deliver them to the  condo on Dauphin Island next Sunday. This particular piece will make a great addition to someones collection.

Vintage Beach Toys I, Acrylic on canvas, 20 x 20, Day 6 of the 100 days~100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment