Thursday, September 28, 2017

A Rock solid week!


I am sending apologies everyone's way!
I have been painting, selling, setting up and teaching classes the past week.

To start off, I left you last Friday with Pelicans fly free! Friday was set up day for the Jubilee festival in Daphne Alabama. It is a small little show with an easy set up, break down, and nice artist amenities. After setting up just the tent on Friday, we went home to get some rest. I am still recovering from a summer cold, and was extremely worried about my voice not working during an entire weekend. All was well, my voice held up and I was very surprised at the sales during the show. I did not expect to sell as many as I did, and am now scrambling to create these last few days before the National Shrimp Festival in two short weeks..................

Not to be outdone, it is now crunch time at the Raccoon Retreat studio!
The painting above was partially painted as a demonstration, and the other half in my studio. It is on two angled canvases and measures 16 x 40 inches total. 
"A Pelican's domain"
Day 83 of the 100 days ~100 paintings


"Octopus my octopus" 
I started this one at the Daphne show on Sunday, and finished it in the studio Monday morning. It is always interesting to paint at shows, people love to watch and talk about the pieces as I am working on them. I work primarily with sepia at shows, because I only have to think about value and not color!
"Octopus my Octopus"
16 x 16, Acrylic on canvas, Day 84 of the 100 days ~100 paintings


A revisit to one I painted that has not sold previously. The sepia I used a couple of years back was a little more brown, and people don't seem to like it as much. (Each year, at the beginning of the 100 days, I mix that years sepia in a large quantity to use.) So, a bit of sanding, and a retouch to correct the color to this year. Hope the freshening up works, as it is a lovely little painting!

Dolphins
Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 16
Day 85 of the 100 days~100 paintings




Several weeks back I asked my readers what I needed to paint during the 100 days. Several requests of Pelicans, crabs, and dolphins ensued. One of my collectors however, requested a Scalloped hammerhead shark. Well, here ya go!
Top to bottom
Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks
Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24, custom shadowbox
Day 86 of the 100 days~100 paintings

Tiger Sharks
Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 36, custom shadowbox
Day 87 of the 100 days~100 paintings

Mako Sharks
Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24, custom shadowbox
Day 88 of the 100 days~100 paintings







No comments:

Post a Comment