Saturday, September 9, 2017

Houdini Crab


I hope you enjoy today's painting for the 100 days. I was inspired several weeks ago by this packing material that form this curious net like shapes when pulled apart. I was patiently waiting for the painting to come to me, and so here he is!
Houdini is a blue crab escaping from the confines of a net to safety.
I have had many of them run when pulled out of the water if they are not in a cage type trap. My husband many years ago told me, pick them up behind their legs, they can't reach you. 
So he said............. 
When I picked it up behind the legs, the darn thing reached under and grabbed me,
hard! I squealed of course and flung the crab several dozen feet, getting ti off my hand. I was not happy with Chris for a while after that!

"Houdini" Acrylic on canvas, 24 x 24 shadowbox canvas
Day 69 of the 100 days~100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment