Sunday, September 10, 2017

"Breaking out Octopus"


This one was a little more difficult because of the size! This Octopus is on (and in!) a 16 x 16 shadowbox canvas.

 Our day started simply enough, breakfast together and Church at Celebration. Our church had a lovely couple visiting from Punta Gorda, Florida. They are staying at his sisters house until hurricane Irma passes. Lifting them up in prayers for sure. We then drove to the grocery store, where we met a family of 7 bugging out from Florida. Two separate vehicles, one pulling a trailer. The trailer is a 4 month project and is stripped out with no beds, but they are grateful for a place to be together and sleep. We offered our shower in case they were boondocking at Wal Mart. They told us they are staying at Blakely state park. Thanking us profusely for our offer, we both went our own ways. We did our quick shopping and headed for home. On the way, I mentioned they probably could not afford to go on such a trip. Chris turned around the truck and back we went. They had done some quick shopping themselves and were loading up the kids, dogs, and cat. I asked the young man, what do you do for a living? He said HVAC. I knew then why God had sent us back. We gave them what money we could, but the man told me I didn't need to do this. I said but yes, this is what my husband and I both are hearing. A large hug, and a quick good bye. I can only pray they are safe, both in their adventures and going home. I also pray their homes are intact.

Prayers for all affected by this storm. I worry about the keys, the Hemingway cats, the conch people in general.  Ah life on the gulf coast , never a dull moment, and opportunities to be the hands and feet of Christ.
If we would only open our hearts and minds to listen and act upon those gentle nudges from our father!

Breaking out Octopus, 16 x 16 Acrylic on canvas
Day 70 of the 100 days~100 paintings



No comments:

Post a Comment