Friday, September 8, 2017

Swimming along


Today's painting almost did not happen! I spent a long day cleaning and clearing space in the "Barn" for Chris to be able to work without tripping over my "Stuff".  After our daughters renewal vows, we had several boxes to go through of decorations that I keep on hand. I have lots of lights, vases, tablecloths, table toppers, lanterns and fabrics for draping. It all takes up a lot of space and many tubs to keep it all together and free of sawdust! You see, my husband is a bit of a termite and wood is his favorite medium to use. Wood makes a LOT of dust! But I digress, back to the painting. 

IT almost did not happen! A long morning, a trip to a trailer store, lunch, and a nap! 
(The dachshunds forced me to nap I promise!)
Then another round of tackling salvaged wood, getting it off the floor and easy to move so I can get to my equipment for shows. We rearranged the show equipment, dusted things off a bit and replaced them on the shelves. We have 36 feet of shelving in the "barn" and we both have a lot of "stuff"! I then tackled a project I've been after Chris to start, cleaning our fans we use for shows. They were disgustingly dirty, dusty, and rusting due to our coastal weather. He wanted to work on our new trailer instead and handed me the screwdriver. Undaunted, I tackled the deconstructing, cleaning, brushing, painting, and rebuilding. That process took about two hours. We also rode the dachshunds for about 30 minutes. Then, dinner!


Completed fans, ready for shows.

No time to paint? 
I think not!
There's always time to paint, my body does not always cooperate though!

Settling in, I got today's post done in record time!

Swimming along, Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 16
Day 68 of the 100 days~100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment