Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Heron to heron



This painting is a great example of the many birds we have here along the gulf coast.
We have birders from all over the country come to capture sight of our wide and varied species. I've even had the good fortune to see a cedar wax wing in Mobile one time in my own backyard! He was exhausted from his flight and needed water from our pond. 
I will also never forget my first sighting of a blue bird here in Fairhope. We now have at least two mating couples that come back to their nest boxes, defending them with all the muster a tiny blue can bring! 
I love catching sight of the birds enjoying our backyard, that is, until the dachshund explosion comes out the back door!

Heron to heron, Acrylic on canvas, 24 x 24 shadowbox with a 12x12 opening
Day 65 of the 100 days~100 paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment