Thursday, February 21, 2019

Heron I




Today was stretching day for 25 paintings I brought home from India. I really enjoyed the visit and got a lot of work done! These are the 4 x 24 paintings inspired by the Naples show in Florida.
I absolutely LOVE them and can't wait to see what my collectors think!

I also want to give a shout out again to my husband of 40 years. 
Christopher has been so encouraging in this art journey, even to the point of realizing a stapler that was not manual was desperately needed. After going through 2 different electric staplers, we settled on a compressor and air stapler from Harbor Freight. I bought the insurance for the gun, and it paid off when I had to get a new one after the first one jammed. We got the new one and staples and I used it for a while. When I went to get staples however, they were no longer carrying them. Fortunately, after some careful looking, I found an alternative with Bostitch. Even more recently I found the Large boxes of staples and happily purchased 2 of them. It is much faster with this gun, although it runs the dachshunds out of the house! I also have to wear hearing protection as it is extremely loud!


Today's painting is a revisit from my trip to India last year. The painting has not sold as a sepia, so now it is in color. I will also be visiting the other 3 pieces from the same batch!
One way or another, they will find homes I'm sure!

Heron I, Acrylic on canvas, 16 x16
Day 77 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019


1 comment: