Saturday, February 16, 2019

Playing some serious catch up folks!


Boy what a week it has been!
While I don't think I've had some jet lag, I guess I have.
I've been creating, just not painting as much.
Today ended all that nonsense. While the crab was painted today, the magnolias 
were actually painted while in India and given away as gifts. I will have to paint more though, as the gallery in Fairhope has sold a couple lately as well. These four paintings will catch me up to this past Wednesday.

The hold up? 
Putting our bedroom back together after Chris built a fabulous storage bed!
AND
Chris and I have purchased a new trailer for camping.
I convinced him to purchase it sight unseen for me, while I was in India. 
He wanted to wait for me to come home and look at it, but I told him I trusted his judgement.
 After 40 years of marriage, I should trust his judgement! 

Chris has been looking for a new project and this trailer presented itself to him while he was walking the dogs one day. He is not a bold person, but he inquired about this little trailer and found out it is a rare U-Haul camper. Approximately 2,000 of these were created in 1984 and 1985. They were rented by U Haul until 1992 and then sold off to the public. Some are in better shape than others! 
Ours is a 13 foot and I could not be more in love. After a lot of back and forth, messages, and talk, I convinced him to go ahead and get it. The weight is perfect, as it only weighs about 1200 pounds. My van can pull it with ease! We will have to be careful in loading her up though.
Anyway, the past week has been a lot of dreaming on both of our parts. Lots of forums, lots of parts hunting, and the removal of the trailer body from the frame. The frame could be in better shape, but for a 35 year old trailer it's okay. There is fiberglass work to do as well, but only a small amount.
Needless to say, it will be a work in progress especially for the next few weeks as we need it for a trip to Gulf Breeze, Florida the weekend of the 23rd of March.



Playing some serious catch up folks!
Acrylics on canvas, Magnolias I,II,III,& IV, Blue crab, crab 10 x 24
Days 65, 66, 67, 68,& 69 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment: