Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Mixed bag!


Life gets in the way sometimes.
Especially here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio!
The days are screaming by as of late, I thought our later years were to slow down and enjoy life.
We are enjoying life for sure, but the slowing down thing has not happened as of yet!
Chris & I stay busy with projects for us, for me, for others. Sometimes donated, sometimes paid.
We are both enjoying his retirement completely!

Anyway, between the computer, the internet, and my just plain fumble fingers the paintings have not been posted as of late. Today catches me up as far as I can see on my calendar.
These Magnolias are different from the others left in India as gifts.
I really enjoy painting them!


This is one of those things we start as artists, that get pushed to the side repeatedly. Imagine one day, you are in the studio (house, garage) and you stumble over something that just needs to be completed. This one is that project. It was part of a series that sold in the gallery downtown. The multiple 
fleur de' lis and crowns I painted previously have all found homes. 
I am glad to put this project in my rear view mirror!



Last but certainly not least, Elle est Forte. 
She is Strong (although my musical friend reminded me Forte also is for Loud!) 
I totally forgot that from my musician days.
 This is the first painting for my Scripts & Strokes small group at Celebration church. This semesters paintings are based on Proverbs and Psalms, two of my favorite books from the bible. I have to admit, 20 years ago, I could not tell you anything from the bible. I read parts of it, but since I have read it several times now from cover to cover it has come to life in my hands. There are multiple passages that have spoken to me and parts of the book are underlined and starred. I have a creative bible, that I am keen to use and decorate.  I just can't seem to let go of my old faithful, battered, starting to fall apart pages that have spoken to me so often. 
It helps to read the bible daily, once you start, the soul becomes hungry for the word and you might find yourself drawn to it's beautiful stories and lessons.
Don't think you have time?
Read a Proverb a day there are 31 of them, one for each day of the month!
Amazing how that works isn't it?

Magnolia V, Magnolia VI, Magnolia VII, Magnolia VIII each 6x6, Fit for a Queen 10x10, 
Ell est Forte 11x14
Days 70,71,72,73,74,& 75 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment:

  1. I sadly will admit, I do not know anything from the Bible. I need to pick it up and have quiet time with our Lord. The paintings are beautiful and I would LOVE to see some ⚜️‘s!!!

    ReplyDelete