Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Lionfish trio


Oh the lionfish! 
I think I'm in love with this one too!
Such a pleasure to paint and then share with you.

On this, 48 hours from heading to the airport, I am reflective. 
Christina and I are having a great time, just enjoying each other's company and watching Neel change from moment to moment. He has a personality starting to show and he will just grow more adorable with time I'm sure.
Sound like a Ya ya talking?
I am grateful for my time here, but I am ready for the flight back in time. I know going back is easier with the time change, but I will leave a piece of my heart in India when I go home.
It won't be easy, but to home, hearth, and husband I must go.
Besides, I have people and pupples that love me at home too!

Tomorrow we work on Neel's photo album that I brought with me here. I also brought the photos, papers, and other parts that make scrapbooking so fun. It will be delightful to hear all the sighs from cuteness overload. Neel turned 5 months old today and it has been a ride for these still new parents.

We went to the India Habitat Center this evening. Several openings for art shows that artists wait 2 years to get in for 5 to 7 days of hanging time. One of the receptions was for an artist with lovely abstracts, very well attended, food and wine flowing. Well done young lady, well done. 
Bappa waited outside the venues, because Neel had fallen asleep in the stroller. Such a kind,  patient, good husband and father he has become for our daughter. I love him so much myself! 
We ended the evening with a meal at the American Diner. Good food, although my Cajun chicken was not Cajun seasoned! You'd think in a country with so many spices, they could get Cajun right. Nope! Anyway this place is popular, fun, and has great service too. 50's themed, clean, and great menu too!
Best of all, Neel was a complete little gentleman. He slept, woke quietly, drank his bottle, and was quiet. Not one time was he upset. Christina and I both thanked him profusely when arriving here at the house. 
I pray the rest of her night goes as well!
Goodnight from India!

Lionfish trio, Acrylic on canvas, 8 x 24inches
Day 61 of the 100 days ~ 100 paintings Spring 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment