Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Living the Key West Life


We had heard about the chickens at Key West Florida. Nothing prepares you for seeing them everywhere~on the road, in the graveyard, on the sidewalk. We even witnessed a group of chickens~Hens and Roosters having a grand old time scratching at a snake that had very stupidly crossed their path. Needless to say, the snake did not survive the encounter. I don't think I have ever witnessed so much dust, clucking, and crowing! This rooster posed for a me while I snapped picture after picture. He eyeballed me sideways and once he realized I had nothing to give to him, he turned his back! We are planning another trip to Key West in 2010 with friends who have never been. We took our bikes the first time and had a great time because there were no problems parking~you just have to be very wary of the cars that don't like to yield!

No comments:

Post a Comment