Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Mighty tiny octopus!


Actually, not so tiny!
This little guy measures 5 x 24inches.
They are fun to paint, but not so fun to build or stretch.
They are perfect above a doorway, or in between windows when vertical.
I love painting them!

As soon as I finish this post, I have lots of canvas waiting to be stretched again.
We are going camping this weekend, and I need to be more on track with the paintings.
So, I must stretch them....
I cut canvas this morning for the new batch, going through all the scraps and a new 6yd roll.
Needless to say, we made a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up another roll.
I now feel somewhat safer in my supply of canvas.
My husband thinks I'm hoarding canvases, but eventually I will use them all.
I have a large amount stored in my studio just outside the doorway.
When I purchase flat canvas, I generally purchase it from Michaels.
The reason, I discovered that their Pro-packs are cheaper usually than the sale prices.
When I need a canvas, I simply walk over and pick one out of my stacks.
I have 12 x 12s, 12 x24s, 12 x36s, 24 x 24s, 16 x 40s, and 24 x 24s, all neatly stored.
This all requires a gallon of white from Liquitex to paint them all before 
adding the sea creatures, I am known for and love to paint!
It took me years to find a signature style, and now I am enjoying the act of creating so much.
I love it when people return year after year to add another to their collection.
I thank God for the talent he has given me every moment of every day!
Things are beautiful here at the Raccoon Retreat studio in Fairhope, Alabama.
Now I must get back to the compressor and racket of a staple gun for the next couple of hours.
Thank God for earmuffs, because those two tools are noisy!

Mighty tiny octopus!, Acrylic on canvas, 5 x 24 inches
Day 51 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment