Monday, August 7, 2023

Paintings 7~11


Not necessarily days, but at least #7 through #11 paintings
Our lives are unbelievably hectic these days!
Retirement, what's that?
Chris is busier than I think he ever expected to be in his golden years.
I am so happy and grateful that he's on this art journey with me.

Speaking of Chris, his hand is much better now!
I pitched a fit more or less, last week for him to go to urgent care and get it looked at again.
I think he felt it was getting better, but I knew it was not.
The culture came back as I suspected for a staph infection.
Staph is a really nasty thing to get rid of, but he seems to be 
really responding to his antibiotics positively.
Although when the culture was diagnosed, he was put on another antibiotic specifically for staph.
He's well enough to go to the shop and lovingly start making shadowbox frames as I am out of them!
These two shadowboxes are the last of the 32 he built in March of this year.
They are each 12x24 



I am also working hard to paint the last of the 24 inch rounds I had from shows this spring.
I did not get to them while on the road, and then life got in the way.
I've also bought 36 canvases from Michaels for the 5 piece paintings.
This getting ready for shows is a lot of thinking, planning, and preparations.
Months of money tied up in jury fees, booth fees, and believe it or not, 
campgrounds that are reserved over a year in advance!
 
I've also had to rethink my giclee prints and have ordered some online for the Steampunk.
We shall see if the quality is there when I get them.
I will do a post about them when they arrive as this is a new company.
I've done research on this them and they have great reviews.
Family owned company in the Midwest that apparently is extremely fast and efficient.
Cost effective too!


I have also taken on the ornaments this year as well.
Last year got away from me, with no ornaments offered and requests were made.
They will be on flat wood pieces instead of glass balls.
They will be easier to transport and less likely to break.
I will have a limited amount of the glass balls this year as well.
I bought both clay and metallic paints to prepare for making them soon.


The Raccoon Retreat studio is humming with activity every day now!
Hopefully, I can make the posting on the blog a priority as well.
In the meantime, I paint!

Paintings 7 ~11, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas 12 x 24 and wood panel 24 rounds
Days 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment