Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Two herons for two days

 




Today begins the 100 days~100 paintings for 2023.
Needless to say I am a bit tardy in getting started this year.
I normally start the 100 days early in the month of July.
While I should be on day 28 already.
I will be trying to get two paintings done per day to catch up.
We were in Africa and I was a little busy on our mission.
I also came home to a large build for Vacation Bible School at my church.
We arrived a day late, and I jumped into the build for three straight days.
Tomorrow we take it all down and pack it up until next year.
I really enjoy the process, although it gets really hectic trying to get it all done.
This year was a beautiful success.
The 'leftovers' are also going to an elementary school!
I'm so excited to know that children will get to see the creatures we built with so many hours.
Anyway, here we go!

Two herons for two days.
Today we begin the 100 days~100 paintings for 2023
I am just fascinated with these birds.
They are definitely large and in charge.
Their wingspan and noise they make are enough to make anyone get nervous.
I have even had one fly straight at me, full on beak and feathers.
Needless to say, I ate the sand, rather than be impaled by that beak.
Now, that you've had that image in your head, imagine a bird that looks just like our heron.
The biggest difference between them is the coloration is browner than our blue grey birds.
They are also larger.
This is the Goliath heron in the wilds of Africa.

Having just come home in the last week from our mission in Zimbabwe, Africa is still on my mind.
The people are beautiful, their smiles are genuine, and their needs are great.
For example, just today I received a message from my African son, Crecious
 telling me that he was in line for water.
The reason for this line was because the water to the city was turned off.
Turned off for four days already.
Four days without water to drink, wash, or flush.
Turned off because the city is putting in new water lines to other towns.
So they shut off the water....
The electricity also gets turned off randomly at times.
We have it so easy here in the states....
So easy.
Praying for Zimbabwe

Two herons for two days, acrylic on wood, 12"round,
Days 1 & 2 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023




 

No comments:

Post a Comment