Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Too many days to remember


 Too many days indeed!
These paintings represent several days of work.
Works done, but not posted as of yet.
Today I take care of that situation!
Lots of things happening here, making me tired at the end of the day.
Too tired to post it seems!

This big, bad, boy was an incredibly fun to paint bird!
Great blue herons and Pelicans are two of my absolute favorites.
May I never tire of painting them.
This gorgeous creature is on an unusual grouping of canvases.
The center canvas is 24 x 24, the two outer ones are 18 x 24.
This makes him a rather large 6 foot heron.
I just need to break him apart, then paint the sides.
Day 18 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023


Every year, I attempt to paint something on Archer's birthday which is August 12th.
He is double digits now!
10 years old.
Now I feel older.
He's old enough now that I ask him what do you want for your birthday painting?
This year he said a monkey, a capuchin monkey to be precise.
I love this little fella!
He a precious 8 x 10
Day 19 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023


Occasionally I get asked for commission pieces.
I'm not a big fan of them, as I find what I think the client wants is not always the case.
Hopefully this guy makes the grade, and she loves him!
Otherwise, I have another piece to sell.
This one is 16 x 16
Day 20 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023


Another commissioned piece from the same collector.
She is finishing a wall of pieces using sea turtles.
I pray this one finds a home with her as well!
She went to the blog and chose this pose, but of course I have to change it some 
as I want everyone to have an original.
This one is also a 16 x 16
Day 21 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023


This little guy is not so little!
This shadowbox is a 12 x 24.
It is the last of the commissioned works that will hopefully grace this woman's home.
I cannot wait to see it in place with her other turtles!
Day 22 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023


It is only by God's grace that I have a husband who wants to please me.
God placed us together as we are the perfect mix of stable and goofy.
He loves to build my shadowboxes, and today he also helped stretch them!
I had already stretched 9 of the last group, so he came and helped with the other 17.
We also stretched 2-16 x 20s, 2-16 x 30s, and a 20 x 24.
More about these canvases later!
We work well together, actually not even talking much.
We have a sense of what the other needs and it is provided.
I bought him a new staple gun, as his electric one had given up the ghost.
Two compressors, two guns, the dachshunds did not appreciate the racket at all!
Although they slept through most of it.......
Day 23 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023


Last but not least, more turtles.
I will never tire of painting them I hope!
These guys are already sold as well, I'm afraid.
Day 24 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023

More canvas ordered~I love pro-packs from Michaels!
I also spent the evening painting multiple canvas's white.
I also have ordered a gallon of soft body Liquitex white from Alabama Art Supply.
Hope it makes it here before I run out!
I have become desperate before and bought several jars at Hobby Lobby, 
adding a tube of Golden Titanium White to make it more opaque.
Hours of preparation are coming together into a beautiful show.
That is, if I can paint fast enough!
Thank you, Lord for the talent, stamina, and beauty that surrounds me.
Tomorrow is another day!

To many days to remember, Days 18-24
Of the 100 days~100 paintings 2023













No comments:

Post a Comment