Saturday, July 30, 2011

Shrimp & Straws~Fridays entry

The Mobile Museum has certainly stretched my imagination and art skills this past week. I have never taught a full day before and I have to admit, it is exhausting! My hat is off to the teachers of the world~no matter what you teach!
I am very pleased with this project completed with the children in the watercolor wonders class. They learned about, transfering an image to paper, outlining with a permanent marker, and then the fun part, color! We took clear water and blew through the straws to make the 'seaweed' and then dropped color into the water on the paper. Some of them also added the drops of color as well. I don't know why, but this is one of my favorite projects of the entire week. I guess it is the discoveries made by the children this past week as well as the happy colors!
I did not enter this one yesterday on the blog because of my LONG day. I left the house at 6:45am and finally dragged myself home at 9:45pm after teaching adults in Daphne. It made for a long, fulfilling, exhausting, fun filled day! I love my job as an artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment