Sunday, December 23, 2018

Common Nutmeg


The Common Nutmeg is another of the gastropod family. They are found from North Carolina all the way to Texas . They are also found in Brazil!
They're a relatively small shell, generally only reaching 1 to 2 inches. 
Some have been found to be 2 1/2 inches though.
They are also carnivorous as well.
Anyone else notice a pattern here? 
It seems the majority of these shells seem to eat one another! 
I had no idea!

Today was a beautiful day. Somewhat warm and  I was able to set up my tent frame and try out the panel covers that were only made this past week. I was amazed at how beautiful they are! 
They are a bit heavier to put up by myself though.
My husband was impressed too! He is already talking about getting rid of the panels we worked on so hard this summer. I'm not ready yet to shed ourselves of them, although I admit they take up a lot of room. Using the mesh sides allows us to bring an extra tent in case of a small disaster happening.
We will be looking for a set of pro panels to purchase for shows. I do like the look of the dark grey and the white canvases. I still have to put something in the corners to prevent seeing the poles, but they are a nice addition to the show equipment. The only thing was the fold line in the middle of the panels from the fabric. Time to break out the steamer!


The steaming went very well, and after a couples of hours, we were able to pack up the sides for travel to the show later this week. I am grateful for my son purchasing this Shark steamer from Goodwill, originally purchased to steam the ice away from my ice maker when it went haywire. Funny how things work out, something bought for a totally different purpose, is now useful in another. It's like God's plan for us, we don't always see the big picture, but once everything falls into place it all makes sense!


I was also fortunate to have the collector come by today and purchase the 4 piece crab for his parents. Apparently, it was 3 siblings getting her for a wonderful Christmas surprise! 
Tomorrow finds the commission going home, or at least the truck. 
The husband is coming by to pick it up in the morning. 
I cannot wait to show this beautiful memory of their vacation!
As I said, things falling into perfect place.~All a part of God's wonderful plan for me!
I can't wait to see what he has in store for me next!

Common Nutmeg, Acrylic on canvas, 6 x 6
Day 17 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment