Monday, December 10, 2018

Sharks eye snail


The sharks eye is a type of snail typically found off the coast of Florida.
They have also been found at Core Banks, North Carolina.
So called Sharks eye, because the whorl in the center resembles a sharks eye.
Explain how that works to me. So near, and yet so far!
It is a predatory type of sea snail that can grow to 3 1/2 inches.
This guy is painted larger than life though, measuring about 5 inches.

Things are progressing here at the studio, Commissions are well on their way to being completed.
Yesterday, I managed to stretch 7 beautiful 16 x 16 shadowboxes for the 
trip to Florida later this month. 
Today I managed to get a bargain for our daughter Jessica P. in an entertainment center to be used either in the study or craft room of the new house. (Trust me, it was a HUGE find!)
Now we just have to store it until their house gets finished.
Tonight finds me sketching at least three of the shadowboxes with sea turtles.
Tomorrow I teach at the Shepherds Place for the last time this year. 
I will miss the Seniors, the volunteers, and the director until next year.
Never a dull moment with Brushstrokes & Brilliance at the Raccoon Retreat studio! 

Sharks eye snail, Acrylic on canvas, 6 x 6 inches
Day 4 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment