Sunday, December 16, 2018

Olive shell


What a day!
So many things to do, so few totally accomplished.
Still a good day!

We started out by going to church and enjoying the production and service. So much hard work by several people made for an enjoyable morning hearing God's word.
I managed to get the curtain from the gypsy wagon taken apart last night so I could adjust it's length. Today I put it back together and Chris got the pole back in to hang it up in the closet. 
Chris altered the wagon slightly this week in the refrigerator cabinet area. The refrigerator used to be on the floor, making it difficult to get things out for cooking. That is, unless you are standing outside and reach into the  camper. (Yes she's small, but we LOVE her so!)
The fridge is now located on top of the closet, screwed in place and we now have a proper hanging area. The trip to Florida is almost two weeks, and two shows, so we bring a lot of clothes. (At least I do!) I am planning to bring along the outfits I made for the spring travel to Florida that are wonderfully comfortable shorts made from a 1940's pattern! High waist, button closure, only missing pockets! I get lots of compliments when wearing them and I don't have to worry about my caboose hanging out for all to see. 

I also worked hard to get the rest of the shadowbox canvases stretched.
The shadowbox canvases are  my most popular series to date, with the exception of the Sepia series started 10 years ago. The shadowboxes are custom made wood frames built by Chris, I then hand stretch canvas in 3 separate pieces to cover the frame, I then paint them white with acrylic paint to make the sepias show better and add a backer board to protect the frame where there is a single piece of canvas. They were a commercially available product from Michaels a few years ago, but we started building them ourselves after they stopped carrying them. They were brought back briefly for a few months afterward, but were discontinued again. 
I needed to get them done so I could use the remaining canvas for my flat pieces to take to India and paint while there. The afternoon flew by with the stretching, cooking our evening meal, then back to the studio to apply white paint to all 12 of them. 5 yards canvas, 1500 staples, and two sore hands later I have a total of 19 shadowbox canvases ready to be drawn and painted. 
(I stretched 7 16 x 16's earlier this week)

Christopher's project on the farmhouse table is really going well in the 'barn'.
He's in his studio, I'm in mine! I love it, and so does he!
We both get lots of fun things done while apart, so we can do other fun things together!

Meanwhile, I am toying with the idea of trying to fit two full sized bicycles into the Gypsy wagon so we can ride while in Florida! This will be a trick, since the bikes are longer than the floor is in the wagon. They may have to go in sideways, traveling inside Gypsy Gal with extra artworks for shows on top of our compressed bed! (And after we load in all our other clothing, camp kitchen equipment, bathroom stuff, and some food stuffs) Whew there is a LOT that goes into a trip of this magnitude. We are counting the days.......I am furiously, nervously painting! 

These are the things that wake me up at night.
That and painting ideas, packing lists, and  somewhere in there, Christmas!

Olive shell, Acrylic on canvas, 6 x 6 inches
Day 10 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment