Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Oyster or pearls


Through the miracle of the internet, I am now blogging from Casey Jones RV park tonight. I brought my laptop  with me so that I did not have to remember or change passwords for access to the various things I access. While in India I had an exercise in frustration because I had to change passwords on several sites because like most of us, I don't remember hardly any of them!
 Anyone else in my boat, Anyone?

This is another of the shells from Florida. Of course it is an oyster which I believe if I remember correctly, the state shell for Mississippi. There are mountains of shells built from the leftovers of the previous generations that lived in the area. 
We are all connected in a way, food, history, commonality of preferences or practices.
We left Fairhope at about 1030 am this morning, which is about an hour and a half earlier than I expected. I am glad we left then, because we just arrived here at the campground a full 81/2 hours later. We travel more slowly, because we are basically towing a brick. The camper is heavy and it's shape being higher than the truck makes it a wind sail. We are going through lots of gas as well, getting to our destination across the pan handle of Florida. The pan handle is very hilly and the truck does not care to go very fast. 

Tommorow we have plans to go to Show Off canopy company and their showroom to see if the roof brackets will fit our frame. My tent is the second one made by the company, the first one was for the owners wife, the second one for Betsy. I bought the tent as a second tent, in case of disaster on the road. Having a second tent is a must if you are on the road, we've seen it be needed by others, but fortunately not by us!

It's a good thing that we are not in a big hurry! 

Oyster or pearls, Acrylic on canvas, 6 x 6
Day 20 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment:

  1. The oyster is so beautiful. Safe travels and all the best for the show!

    ReplyDelete