Saturday, December 8, 2018

Steady flight


Steady Flight is a reverse for a collector requesting a bird to match her other two shorebirds. She wants them all facing in the same direction. The process starts easily enough, customer messages me, I answer and we're off to the races! Of course this is a Christmas present, 
so I can only say it is going to Little Rock, Arkansas. 
Shipping on Monday to his new abode.
He's also in a version of sepia that was from a few years back.  The client knows it may not be an exact match, but wants it more brown than the blue sepia I have used for two years now. The other hitch in my get along and get it done was the canvas. It is on a shallow edge canvas that I used to paint on when framing the painting in the shadowbox frames. You see, I had used my last 
two shallow 12 x 12's when my grandson came to visit for a project he was doing. I looked through my stretcher bars, trying to find 4 -12 inch ones to no avail. 
A quick trip to Hobby Lobby found a 12 x 12 and got the project going.

Steady flight, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 12
Day 3 of the 100 days~ 100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment:

  1. He’s beautiful and I’m sure your client will love him.

    ReplyDelete