Saturday, December 15, 2018

Starfish


Today's piece is one of my favorites to paint! 
Today was also an eventful day at the Raccoon Retreat studio.
Our morning started with our usual morning coffee and my bible readings. I love to start my day this way and it has become a habit every morning, to sit and have some time with God's word. Sometimes I get revelations, other times I just enjoy the readings for that day. This way I have been through the bible almost 7 time from cover to cover. 
How do you read a book as large and wisdom filled as the Bible?
Same way you eat an elephant, one bite at a time!

Anyway, the morning started as usual. I then told Chris there was a sale at our local Goodwill of 50% off the entire store! There happened to be a set of furniture there I saw earlier in the week, and if it was still there it would be mine. Well, at least my grandson's. His furniture was almost totally destroyed in their move from Helena, Al earlier this year. He wants a loft bed again and we want to put a desk and dresser combination under it at the new house. Our son called as well and we went to breakfast before going to the store. Fortunately for us, it was still there. I will have to paint and clean it up, but they're a good base for the loft and play area underneath. There was only one problem, the shop behind our house is in a major state of flux right now! Chris's woodworking area is his domain, but the main portion of the shop is where the big stuff happens. I do large scale mural pieces out there, furniture rehabs and store all of my show equipment. Speaking of furniture rehabs, the shop has 2 bookcases the adult children bought for Sean's study in the new home, and an entertainment center I purchased earlier this week for Jessica's studio space that was an absolute steal. Now, I've added the  long dresser, headboard, mirror, and two nightstands for Archer into the mix. On top of all this, Chris built shadowbox frames for me this week and is currently making a farmhouse table for the Pastor's family to enjoy in their new home. 
NEVER a dull moment around here!

Chris and our son, Jere picked up the items for Archers room and we put them to the side in the shop. Somehow, someway I have to make time to paint this furniture for Archers room. Possibly paint the entertainment center for the studio space and the bookcases for Sean. 
None of this certainly will happen before we leave on our trip to Florida.
After Florida, we have one week here together before I leave for India for 3 weeks.
There is a lot of packing and planning for that trip as I will be painting and blogging again from there!
I guess there will be a LOT happening around here for the next couple of months!

In the meantime, I make lists of things to do before we leave.
I have a dozen new shadowbox canvases to stretch and paint white.
I have to pack clothes, Kitchen items, food stuffs, bicycles, Artworks, extra artworks, 2 tents and all the other equipment for the journey to Florida in the truck and Gypsy Gal.
I also have an alteration to the Gypsy Gal I want to complete before we leave.
Our shower area is a little claustrophobic and I need to alter the curtain for our hanging clothes after Chris reworked the refrigerator closet combination.
Added to the list...

In the meantime, I paint!

Starfish, Acrylic on canvas, 6 x 6 inches
Day 9 of the 100 days~100 paintings Spring 2019

1 comment:

  1. Whew!! You. Are. Busy!!!!

    Beautiful starfish. Love them.

    ReplyDelete