Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blue Beauty

Blue Beauty is another in my series of sepias. The sepias are always a neutral choice for anyone. I started them last year because people would come into my booth and tell me they" loved my work, but they did not know if that color would go on my wall". I painted seven in the original series and sold all of them. I have been fortunate enough to have them travel from Boston, Mass. to the California coast. They do go virtually anywhere and combine well with colored paintings. I even once had no less than 3 people in the space of ten minutes want to buy the same painting!
They are my favorite type of painting, and they have really made me a better painter. Making quick decisions in my colored paintings based on values and not hue. If you don't paint, you can do the same with pencil or ink and do value studies. It will make you a better artist as well!
Blue Beauty 12 x 12 acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment