Monday, August 29, 2011

Just Catchin a Wave

I have fond memories of surfing as a child, what little bit I got to do as I did not own a board. I loved the way this guy was working so hard to perfect his technique and stay on his board. His board is really a skim board and not a long board. I photographed him early this Spring at the Fairhope Beach. It really was beginning to get warm in the air temperature, but I am certain that the water was still very cold. He just could not wiat for warm weather to try out the skim board.
I enjoy watching others trying out new things. I was really pulling for the kid that was learning to water ski behind our condo recently. The father was yelling directions, but in the long run, the only way you can get better at something is to practice. (It also helps to have someone teaching you with patience!) I felt bad for her because the advice the dad was giving was weird. Somehow, she finally popped up out of the water and I cheered inwardly because I remember the feeling of satisfaction when finally "getting" something. Have you tried something different and out of your comfort zone recently? I find myself challenged on a daily basis, either with something entirely new or a new way to do something I have never done before.
Just Catchin a Wave Acrylic on Canvas 24 x 36

No comments:

Post a Comment